Dentures in Hoffman Estates
Advances in dental technology provide dentists with a variety of procedures to enhance a patient's smile. Dentures offer patients who have experienced tooth loss a natural-looking smile that lasts. Many patients find that dentures give them greater confidence in social situations while providing a similar function to their natural teeth.
Advantages of Dentures
- Enhance Facial Features: Missing teeth can cause areas of your face to sag. Dentures resolve this issue by restoring your natural facial features.
- Smoother Speech: Replacing missing teeth allows you to annunciate clearer and communicate better.
- Improved Chewing: Missing teeth can make it challenging to eat your favorite foods. Dentures allow you to chew comfortably and get back to enjoying your favorite dishes.
- Improved Oral Health: By replacing decayed teeth, you can improve your oral health by protecting your remaining natural teeth.
How Dentures Work
Depending on the condition of the teeth, the dentist may recommend either a partial or complete denture to restore a patient's smile.
- Complete Dentures: After the removal of all remaining teeth and complete healing of the gums, the dentist will deliver a complete denture. The dentures may feel awkward for the first few weeks. However, they should become comfortable and feel natural in your mouth.
- Partial Dentures: Unlike full dentures, partial dentures only replace a few missing teeth while keeping your healthy natural teeth in place.
Caring for Your Dentures
Rinsing and brushing your dentures will keep them clean and free of bacteria. You can keep them from warping by placing them in a proper container while not in use. Overall, proper oral hygiene will keep your new smile bright and help maintain your oral health.
Dentures are a proven appliance recommended by many dentists to help improve patients' smiles after tooth removal or loss. To learn more about how dentures can enhance your smile, please call our office at (847)490-8708.